Sewing with Kids

It's no secret that I sew. I learned to sew when I was in 7th grade, thanks Mrs. Williams and I fell in Love. I took Clothing 1 and 2 in High School and even made myself A Prom Dress and a dress for my high school graduation.  I purchased my first sewing machine when I was around 25 from Spiegel (it took me forever to pay it off, LOL). My current machine was purchased on sale at Target. I definitely want a second machine and a serger, but that's another story.

Well my children are fascinated when I start sewing, so when I saw this post:  http://www.skiptomylou.org/2013/03/07/how-to-sew-a-headband-kids-sewing-project/ I knew I could work with my 3 youngest and let them get some practice with the Sewing Machine.

Check out the photo's of Olivia, Charlotte and Dusty and their first sewing project: Headbands.. They had a good time. Olivia was rather apprehensive, Charlotte was very easy to work with and Dusty really wanted to learn and he did it mostly all by himself.

We have another week of Spring Break, so I may try another project, but Thanks Skip To My Lou for the motivation :-)










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair Pt1 The Girls

Untitled for Now

BoxTops For Education