Olivia Camille


Six years ago, I went in for a scheduled C-Section to meet my First daughter to be named Olivia Camille Walker.. She came at 9:46 am weighing in at 6 lbs 6 oz and 19.7 inches long, I was Shocked.. I just knew she was going to be at least 8 lbs because my Belly was HUGE...But that's another story...

Olivia is named after my Grandmother, Olivia Augusta Greenwood who died in 1999 well before my Princess was even thought of.. So she only has memories of her namesake, but memories and photo's will sustain her.

Olivia actually has always been a favorite name of mine and I honestly didn't realize how popular the name was when my Olivia was born. Olivia has remained in the Top 10 Girls Names since, I believe 2000. But luckily my Olivia has not been in a class where she had to share her name.

Here are a few other women and girls who sold me on the name Olivia.
Olivia Hussey as Juliet in the 1968 Movie: Romeo and Juliet

Olivia Newton-John as Sandy in Grease

Olivia Brown as Detective Trudy Joplin in Miami Vice

Olivia D'Abo as Karen Arnold in The Wonder Years


Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson on Law and Order: SVU

Last, but certainly not least, the person who truly sold me on the name Olivia:


Raven- Symone playing Olivia Kendall on The Cosby Show...

Until Raven's character came along, all the Olivia's I knew were older, yes of course I knew that they were once children but I just couldn't picture naming a child Olivia in the future. It did not help that in the book, The Color Purple by Alice Walker and the movie adaptation by Steven Spielberg, when Celie played by Whoopi Goldberg names her daughter Olivia, the name is made fun of as being for an Old person..

Well My Olivia isn't Old and she definitely has the spunk and charisma of Olivia Kendall and I can't be happier with my choice to name my first born daughter Olivia..




Happy 6th Birthday Olivia Camille Walker...I Love you Too Pieces..





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair Pt1 The Girls

Untitled for Now

BoxTops For Education